Auteur Topic: Gieves & Hawkes  (23656 keer gelezen)

Charlie

• Gast
Re: Gieves & Hawkes
Reactie #45 Gepost op: 07 april 2010 – 22:59:23
Leuk filmpje.

Overigens, dient deze topic niet verplaatst te worden naar de bespoke sectie van het forum?

Sergio

• Administrator
  • Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
    • Vanità - modern tailors
Reactie #46 Gepost op: 08 april 2010 – 15:00:03
Het grootste gedeelte van het topic gaat niet over bespoke dus het is hier beter op z'n plaats.
If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Never expect to get a lot by paying a little
Style isn't a question of life or death: it's much more important than that.

Vanità - modern tailors

Mediaman

• Gast
Reactie #47 Gepost op: 28 mei 2010 – 15:04:02
Hierbij een rolberoerte voor Charlie, de blog van G&H: http://blog.gievesandhawkes.com/

Charlie

• Gast
Reactie #48 Gepost op: 28 mei 2010 – 23:25:35
Interessante locatie.

Mediaman

• Gast
Reactie #49 Gepost op: 30 mei 2010 – 19:34:22

Prince Charles' tailor is Golden Shears finalist

Feb 24 2009 By Tara Brady
Tailor to Prince Charles, Ayres Ferreira

Tailor to Prince Charles, Ayres Ferreira

Growing up in Portugal a young Ayres Ferreira enjoyed helping his grandparents in their tailoring workshop.

Little did he know that years later he would be helping to create a new two-piece suit for Prince Charles at a prestigious London tailors.

Bron: http://www.harrowobserver.co.uk/west-london-news/local-harrow-news/2009/02/24/prince-charles-tailor-is-golden-shears-finalist-116451-22996705/
And if that wasn't enough the 27-year-old, who lives in Willesden and is an apprentice at Gieves & Hawkes in Savile Row, has now been named a finalist in the Golden Shears tailoring contest.

Next month Ayres will be battling it out against other designers in a bid to win thousands of pounds.

A tail coat and trousers created by Ayres will be paraded down a glittering catwalk at the exclusive competition in central London.

Each contestant had to make a tailored outfit which will be judged by some of the countries bespoke tailors with marks awarded for technical skill, design, cutting and handcraft tailoring.

Ayres, whose grandfather is a tailor and his grandmother was a trouser maker, said: "I spent my childhood in and out of their tailoring workshop and dreamed of being a tailor myself. The art is definitely in my blood. "After I left school I went to Madrid and took a course as a cutter working for prestigious Spanish tailor Pedro Munos.

"But my ambition was always to work in Savile Row and I have been lucky enough to be offered a job as an apprentice at Gieves and Hawkes."

At the moment Ayres, who has worked in Savile Row for two-and-a-half years, is working on jacket making and is helping to make a two-piece double breasted navy suit for Prince Charles.

He said: "We work for a lot of famous people. Prince Charles popped in with his wife recently to be measured for a suit. It is a navy blue two-piece and should take around 60 hours to make. I can't give you his measurements but he his slim and probably about 1m 75 in height but I can't give you his inside trouser leg measurements. That is private and I don't want to get in trouble with the Royal family.

"Prince Charles was a gentleman. He spoke to everyone and Camilla was by his side. The suit he chose would probably cost around £3,500 but of course his is free. He is the future King after all."

The Merchant Taylors' Company, sponsors of the competition, was founded in 1327 as a religious and social fraternity for tailors and linen armourers - padded tunics worn under suits of armour.

Simon Cundey, chairman of the contest, said: "The Golden Shears Competition is a valuable showcase for talented students and apprentices with a prestigious prize and financial rewards. The standard this year is exceptional and we are looking forward to an exciting evening."

Charlie

• Gast
Reactie #50 Gepost op: 30 mei 2010 – 19:50:13
Leuk artikel, MM. Vreemd is dat Z.K.H. de Prins van Wales binnen is gelopen, meestal wordt er toch wel iemand naar Clarence House of Highgrove gezonden. Het MTM T&A verhaal is hiermee dus ook meteen ontkracht.

Mediaman

• Gast
Reactie #51 Gepost op: 30 mei 2010 – 19:53:58
Leuk artikel, MM. Vreemd is dat Z.K.H. de Prins van Wales binnen is gelopen, meestal wordt er toch wel iemand naar Clarence House of Highgrove gezonden. Het MTM T&A verhaal is hiermee dus ook meteen ontkracht.

Ik verbaasde me over de details die werden gegeven. Charles is dus aan de kleine kant met 1,75 lengte en hij krijgt zijn pak gratis.

Charlie

• Gast
Reactie #52 Gepost op: 30 mei 2010 – 19:58:40
Ja, dat Z.K.H. de Prins van Wales niet al te groot is, wist ik wel. Heb hem zelf ontmoet. Dat zijn pakken gratis zijn is inderdaad toch wel iets nieuws. Ik had verwacht dat het eerder korting zou zijn, aan de andere kant kan ik toch ook wel weer begrijpen dat het gratis is...

Orno

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Reactie #53 Gepost op: 30 mei 2010 – 19:59:18
Jij krijgt ze toch ook graties? :lol:
Winnaar van "De titanenstrijd der kekke schoentjes" 2010 - Oxford

Charlie

• Gast
Reactie #54 Gepost op: 30 mei 2010 – 20:05:59
Was dat maar zo... dan was ik met de auto gegaan om de kofferbak vol te stoppen.

gusto napolitano

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Reactie #55 Gepost op: 30 mei 2010 – 20:23:17
Eens erf jij dat kostuum toch.
Support your local Mikey Fuoco chapter.

Charlie

• Gast
Reactie #56 Gepost op: 30 mei 2010 – 20:40:07
Oh ja, shit vergeten...

Sergio

• Administrator
  • Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
    • Vanità - modern tailors
Reactie #57 Gepost op: 01 juni 2010 – 18:30:59
Niet bepaald royal dat gratis...
If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Never expect to get a lot by paying a little
Style isn't a question of life or death: it's much more important than that.

Vanità - modern tailors

Avvocato

• Gebruiker
  • Huis-Consigliere
    • Bekijk profiel
Reactie #58 Gepost op: 01 juni 2010 – 20:45:10
Dat is overigens niet typisch voor het Britse koningshuis, in Nederland krijg je als je HM een rekening stuurt voor verleende diensten ook een vriendelijk briefje terug van het Kabinet der Koningin dat dat toch niet de bedoeling is :-k

Ik weet uit betrouwbare bron dat het bedrijf dat de bloemen (ter waarde van ruim 100k) voor het huwelijk van Wim-Lex verzorgde er op die manier bijna aan onderdoor is gegaan :oops:
The man with style, is the man who can smile

Mediaman

• Gast
Reactie #59 Gepost op: 01 juni 2010 – 21:03:26
Tijd om belasting te gaan betalen.