Auteur Topic: DLA - DressLikeA  (2894 keer gelezen)

Clay

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
DLA - DressLikeA
Gepost op: 03 oktober 2016 – 16:32:37

El hombre blanco

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
DLA - DressLikeA
Reactie #1 Gepost op: 03 oktober 2016 – 19:13:12
Grappig. Is een van de eerste menswear blog waar ik mee in aanraking kwam. Wist niet dat hij ook een shop heeft inmiddels. Nou ja shop is misschien een groot woord voor het aanbod. Blog blijft wel leuk.

DLA

• Bekijk profiel
    • DressLikeA.com
DLA - DressLikeA
Reactie #2 Gepost op: 03 oktober 2016 – 20:06:17
Thanks Clay for opening the thread!

And hey to all of you guys!

I know (as I've heard and seen) the #menswear-"scene" and interest to men's quality clothing among you Dutch guys is strong. Therefore I am happy to be able to be part of your community.

DLA - what and why

I thought I might for starters introduce myself and DLA shortly. My name is Atte and I am the "face" behind dresslikea.com and DLA. I am a 30-year old lawyer living in Helsinki, Finland and I started the dresslikea.com blog and site around 5-6 years ago. And I have been writing about menswear since. I started the site in the first place as an inspirational board for myself and wanted to share my inspiration with like-minded men. I wanted to share the pictures and stories I came across during the time I spent searching, learning and developing my own style. As most of the guys who were running their tumblr-blogs at time did.

Since 2011 a lot has happened and I have been lucky that DLA has grown to be a lot more for me than just a blog or an inspirational board. During those years I many times played with the idea, could I do something more in this industry than just write about it.

Then a bit over a year ago, in summer 2015 I sat down together with 4 of my friends who all share the same passion for menswear and quality clothing. A few months after that the process for first DLA-labeled garments to be produced was started. In July 2016 that process finally came concrete.

I know you guys here are more or less truly menswear-aficionados. But personally I honestly believe that dressing oneself need to be fun and inspiring, not something inflexible or something you are “forced to do”. You always need to acknowledge certain rules and etiquette that are not meant to be broken, but, on the other hand, after you’ve learned to deal with the rules you can also learn how to break them in a right way. And that is what the DLA-garments and accessories are about. Simple and versatile but still chic. They are chosen by me to highlight the idea, that simplicity is in fact beautiful. And - of course - the products represent the high Italian quality and craftsmanship.

If you want to read more about my thoughts behind DLA, you can find the post from the blog.

http://dresslikea.com/dla-ties-and-pocket-squares-online/

DLA - accessories and more to come

As I believe (if I understood correctly) was already mentioned in the comments above, the selection in the shop at the moment is small.

The first selection we launched includes three different ties and two pockets squares. Later this fall there will be the first drop of shirts, made in Naples, Italy. I wanted to start with a bunch of ties that would basically cover every situation a man needs to wear a tie. All three are easy to combine with different kind of shirts, suits and jackets. The idea in my head was that of I was about to reduce my selection of ties to three ties, they would be these three particular ties.

The pocket squares on the other hand are chosen to highlight the Finnish art and culture. And they for sure are beautiful. The colors of the squares are easy to combine and they are also appropriate to wear around the year. The squares also embodies my personal style as they combine Scandinavian culture and style with Italian quality and craftsmanship. With these squares you can imagine to have a piece of art in your pocket. Later this month we will release a third pocket square design.

The timing for opening this thread in fact is not the best one as we have almost sold out the first batch at the moment. But re-stock will be available in the end of this month.

Once again thanks for the opportunity to be part of this forum. I will be more than happy to answer any questions you guys may have. My Dutch, unfortunately is not that good, but I will try to survive with google translate.

And finally, as a welcome offer we will give you -10% off from all the orders made with the code "stijlforum10". But as said I am sorry the stock at the moment is wanting. The re-stock is coming up.

"Style, quality, fit, aesthetics"

Lemar

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
DLA - DressLikeA
Reactie #3 Gepost op: 03 oktober 2016 – 21:59:38
Was dit niet samen met die heren van Lean Garments?
"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

Clay

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
DLA - DressLikeA
Reactie #4 Gepost op: 03 oktober 2016 – 23:02:11
Ze kennen elkaar wel, but best to ask questions in English I suppose

DLA

• Bekijk profiel
    • DressLikeA.com
DLA - DressLikeA
Reactie #5 Gepost op: 03 oktober 2016 – 23:38:21
Was dit niet samen met die heren van Lean Garments?

As Clay wrote, we know each other well with Karri and Lauri, the guys running Lean Garments. And they've also played a role in this project.

So we are in close connection (Finland is a small country) but in terms of the products or brands however there is no "connection" between LG and DLA.

I hope this clarifies the matter.

"Style, quality, fit, aesthetics"

Lemar

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
DLA - DressLikeA
Reactie #6 Gepost op: 04 oktober 2016 – 00:32:24
Allright, I remember an email where they introduced DLA as co-founders. Anyway, welcome.
"If you're good at something, never do it for free."