Auteur Topic: Shibumi Berlin  (48889 keer gelezen)

guest45

• Gast

Shibumi

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Shibumi Berlin
Reactie #1 Gepost op: 13 oktober 2013 – 13:41:41
Thanks Chris for opening this thread and providing the most important links. I would like to introduce Shibumi in a little more detail.
My name is Niels and I handle the communication side of the business, so I’ll be here for your questions and suggestions. First, let me tell you what we do:
We sell classic ties, pocket squares and accessoires of high quality with a beautiful, classic design. Fabrics made in Italy and England, hand-made in one of the best manufactures in Italy. We pick the fabrics from the archives of mills that are more than 100 years old, some of the silks are woven especially for us.

Benedikt and I founded the company in October 2012 in Berlin, Germany. We’re both enthusiasts (in fact we first met on a get-together of Stijlforum’s German equivalent, Stilmagazin :D) and very passionate about what we do. Our standards of quality are high and we do not compromise. Our goal is a very good product, made under fair conditions, for a reasonable price. We started small (the shop went online in march) and are slowly expanding our selection.

The name Shibumi stands for a japanese concept of aesthetics and means something along the lines of simple beauty without flashiness or refined elegance. This perfectly embodies our understanding of classic menswear: being well-dressed without being loudly dressed; classic style that is not an anachronism. We’re both in our mid-twenties and believe very much in a classic and contemporary look.

What is especially important to us is very good customer service. It’s great to have a job where you do something you love, have a product that is beautiful and an audience that appreciates this. We’re very much looking forward to the discussions in this thread, your questions and opinions.

A few words about our products: we offer classic patterns in printed silk (mostly floral patterns), woven silk (repp stripes), grenadine silk and a few seasonal items like linen ties; pocket squares in linen and printed silk; knit ties made in Germany (great quality, we’re very happy to have them); braces of wonderful quality, made in England; a few ascots and bow ties; glasses cases made from our tie silks complete our product range so far. We’re constantly updating and expanding our selection - we’ll keep you posted!

You can have a look at what we do on our tumblr and facebook page - the outfits we’re wearing, the travels we have to do for Shibumi (life is hard :D) and other shenanigans.

Shibumi

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Shibumi Berlin
Reactie #2 Gepost op: 13 oktober 2013 – 13:56:33
Here are a few pics of our first trunkshow last week, to give you a better impression of us and our products:

I'm the one in the blue suit, with the round glasses, the lanky one. The other is of course Benedikt, of course in his best Banker outfit (it was Frankfurt after all  :mrgreen:).

Timothy

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Shibumi Berlin
Reactie #3 Gepost op: 13 oktober 2013 – 14:14:16
Nice :-)
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

carpe diem

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Shibumi Berlin
Reactie #4 Gepost op: 13 oktober 2013 – 14:19:26
Looks good guys, interesting addition in #menswear
Be yourself no matter what they say

gusto napolitano

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Shibumi Berlin
Reactie #5 Gepost op: 13 oktober 2013 – 16:46:31
Ik volg hun al een tijdje.Mooie producten kan ik wel zeggen.Nice products boys from Berlin.Follow your tumblr already.
Support your local Mikey Fuoco chapter.

NOBD

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Shibumi Berlin
Reactie #6 Gepost op: 13 oktober 2013 – 16:49:56
Welcome, SanderNiels and Benedikt.

wolf

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Shibumi Berlin
Reactie #7 Gepost op: 14 oktober 2013 – 15:05:47
mooie insteekdoekjes.
live and let die

Bogart

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Shibumi Berlin
Reactie #8 Gepost op: 14 oktober 2013 – 15:45:23
Te klassiek.

Shibumi

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Shibumi Berlin
Reactie #9 Gepost op: 14 oktober 2013 – 15:51:36
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm already looking forward to the first orders from the community and what you have to say about our products.

I'm quite confident you will like our wares, we were very lucky so far to have been reviewed quite well.

Mikey Fuoco

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Shibumi Berlin
Reactie #10 Gepost op: 14 oktober 2013 – 15:51:58
Te klassiek.

Valt toch wel mee? Zitten ook 'eigentijdse' (bah) dingen tussen.

Ziet er goed uit is mijn indruk.

Shibumi

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Shibumi Berlin
Reactie #11 Gepost op: 15 oktober 2013 – 23:17:29
Here I'm wearing our Burgundy/Blue/Gold Repp and Blue Madder PS.

Shibumi

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Shibumi Berlin
Reactie #12 Gepost op: 16 oktober 2013 – 23:00:48

Vriend35

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Shibumi Berlin
Reactie #13 Gepost op: 16 oktober 2013 – 23:03:01

Bogart

• Gebruiker