Auteur Topic: [Boek] The Sartorialist by Scott Schuman  (1771 keer gelezen)

Narcissus

• Gebruiker
  • As English as egg and bacon.
    • Bekijk profiel
    • Vanità - modern tailors
[Boek] The Sartorialist by Scott Schuman
Gepost op: 22 september 2009 – 21:45:05
Toch maar even een topic aangemaakt over het prentenboek van Scott Schuman. Verkrijgbaar in zowel een paperback als een hardcover-variant, de laatste draagt de oh zo mooie titel 'Bespoke Edition'. De waarde daarvan mag u helemaal zelf bepalen.

Ik zal er enkele foto's uithalen, die ik opmerkelijk, interessant of het vermelden waard vind. Verder hoor ik graag wat jullie van het boekwerk vinden!

Allereerst was ik wat sceptisch over de cover; waar juist die mevrouw op de voorkant? Scott geeft daar zelf een meer dan prima antwoord op:

'This is Julie. She is one of my favourite subjects to shoot for the blog. Often when I post a picture of her she receives comments like, 'Oh, she is sooo perfect, so chic, a modern Audrey Hepburn.' Well, she is very chic, but she is far from perfect, physically at least. Julie has one leg slightly shorter than the other, has very slim arms, and walks with a very slight limp. However, she has never let her physichal challenges alter her appearance or diminsh her presence. This young lady stands tall. In a world of fashion that celebrates a certain kind of beauty, I have so much respect for the people who don't let their non-fashion-world physique stand in the way of expressing the beautiful person that they know themselves to be. I find that type of inner strength the most captivating of all, and it is a major reason why Julie is on the cover of this book.'
Laatst bewerkt op: 22 september 2009 – 22:03:01 door Narcissus
Consciously breaking rules is an intentional decision, requiring a sophisticated awareness of rules.

I love the level of bravery. It's bold, it's fuck you, it's art.