Auteur Topic: Exotisch leer  (41826 keer gelezen)

Daedalus

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Exotisch leer
Gepost op: 20 oktober 2007 – 22:21:39
:o

Citaat van: "Marc Chevalier"
Forgot to put these in the "Chevalier's Latest Vintage Finds" thread, so here goes.

This is a never-worn pair of 1930s wingtip dress shoes made of sealskin. Pretty rare ...

Citaat van: "Marc Chevalier"
(...)Here's one after being lightly shined:

Citaat van: "The Shooman"
l'm not too keen about the frosty looking leather, but i'd still be more than happy to wear Sealskin occasionally. lt's exciting to have shoos in many different leathers.

Here is an Edward Green bespoke shoo made from Bullfrog leather.

Citaat van: "Labelking"
These are my newly acquired sea-turtle skin shoes. Interestingly, they are by Charles Jourdan Paris which is a maker more reknown for their women's couture shoes but decades ago, they did produce men's shoes. Hardly worn and with the original flat laces.

I never knew a RTW maker to use an esoteric skin like sea-turtle, but maybe Jourdan had a MTO program at that time. According to Pejsek via The London Shoemaker, sea-turtle skin was used by Alan McAfee in lieu of the more common alligator/crocodile.

Citaat van: "pejsek"
Well, I think I've been promising pictures of these for at least a year. I had initially believed them to be alligator. I'm always excited to find old bespoke things and I thought this was quite a find since Macafee bespoke seems to be exceedingly rare. After a post here about these shoes, Paul Davies (The London Shoemaker) kindly wrote to tell me that he had worked for Macafee some time ago and that as far as he could remember Macafee had only used sea turtle for their bespoke shoes (alligator, apparently, being just a bit too pedestrian). I, of course, have not spent a great deal of time comparing sea turtle hides, but the skin on these shoes is certainly quite soft and supple--much more so than has been my experience with alligator or crocodile. One of the interesting design features of these shoes is the way the mid-section above the waist is constructed using two pieces of skin. It's a nice piece of craftsmanship, arising, I suspect, from the fact that large pieces of sea turtle are hard to come by. The shoes do fit me quite nicely. Generally they're in great shape with no scuffs or gouging and the stitches just beginning to poke through the chanelled soles at a couple of points. The heels, however, are full leather and very worn-down at the back. In the best of all possible worlds I'd get someone to put on a pair of the old school Phillips heels so favoured by the Japanese.
This was my first go at image hosting. I couldn't get the clickable thumbnails to work. I hope it's not too much trouble to use these direct links.

Edit: Even vooropgesteld: ik ben tegen illegale jacht en illegale fokpraktijken.
cyka blyat

Rndtje

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Exotisch leer
Reactie #1 Gepost op: 20 oktober 2007 – 23:02:41
Apart, vind die van die zeehond toch wel iets hebben :D

Solitarias

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
    • http://www.stijlforum.nl
Exotisch leer
Reactie #2 Gepost op: 21 oktober 2007 – 03:50:47
Wat een wansmaak!  :x
Paard is voor mij het meest exotische zoogdier!
Mijn sartoriale boekencollectie:  http://www.librarything.com/catalog/Solitarias

Mikey Fuoco

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Exotisch leer
Reactie #3 Gepost op: 21 oktober 2007 – 10:53:58
Zeehondjes zijn lief!  :evil:

Ik geloof toch dat ik per ongeluk ff flink op iemands tenen zal staan als ie dit zou dragen :?

Zeeschildpad ook :?

ruby tuesday

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Exotisch leer
Reactie #4 Gepost op: 21 oktober 2007 – 10:54:23
Ik vind het ook nogal ver gaan..

marcos

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Exotisch leer
Reactie #5 Gepost op: 21 oktober 2007 – 10:54:59
Spuuglelijk.

Peer Gynt

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Exotisch leer
Reactie #6 Gepost op: 21 oktober 2007 – 11:17:37
Ik vind die zeehondenleren schoen echt spuuglelijk. Wat mij betreft geen mooi materiaal om een schoen van te maken. Die bullfrog is wel oké om te zien.

Ironisch trouwens dat hij i.p.v. 'shoe' juist 'shoo' schrijft, wat je tegen dieren zegt om ze weg te jagen  :D
"Une personne n'est jamais heureuse excepté au prix d'ignorance." - Anatole France

Daedalus

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Exotisch leer
Reactie #7 Gepost op: 21 oktober 2007 – 13:22:11
Nog een paar voor de liefhebbers  :lol:

Allemaal weer redelijk over de top.
Citaat van: "Rogier"
Is dit roggenleer?!

Citaat van: "Meister"
This a pair that sold on the 'Bay a while back and I liked them and kept the photo.

Citaat van: "pejsek"
A while ago I posted a few pictures of an old pair of McAfee bespoke sea turtle slip-ons. I had long thought they were alligator, but Paul Davies (The London Shoemaker) kindly alerted me to the fact that McAfee preferred to work with sea turtle. I think it's quite an attractive skin--though not so much so that I would support opening the trade back up. Those poor turtles! My original pair is black. Last fall, however, I found another pair in brown. This is clearly a rtw shoe since it is sized. Otherwise, however, it seems to be of very nearly the same style and quality--the bespoke pair have a two-piece section above the waist and a lower cut tongue, which make it a slightly more subtle and attractive shoe. I like the brown color better, but unfortunately the shoes themselves are way too big for me.
Here is the black pair:

(...)

And the brown shoe:
cyka blyat

DaanL

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Exotisch leer
Reactie #8 Gepost op: 21 oktober 2007 – 13:29:17
Ik vind de meeste soorten in dit topic afgebeeld niet verantwoord, en de andere lelijk. :roll:

Bachelor

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Exotisch leer
Reactie #9 Gepost op: 21 oktober 2007 – 14:04:16
Citaat van: "DaanL"
Ik vind de meeste soorten in dit topic afgebeeld niet verantwoord, en de andere lelijk. :roll:

Mee eens, dadelijk tipt Jort Georgina nog over dit topic

Mikey Fuoco

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Exotisch leer
Reactie #10 Gepost op: 21 oktober 2007 – 14:06:11
Gelukkig wordt het nagenoeg unaniem verworpen.

Timothy

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Exotisch leer
Reactie #11 Gepost op: 21 oktober 2007 – 14:22:29
Citaat van: "Bachelor"
Citaat van: "DaanL"

Mee eens, dadelijk tipt Jort Georgina nog over dit topic

Eens ! verwerpelijk.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Sergio

• Administrator
  • Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
    • Vanità - modern tailors
Exotisch leer
Reactie #12 Gepost op: 21 oktober 2007 – 16:21:16
Waarom is dit verwerpelijk en krokodil of paard niet?
If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Never expect to get a lot by paying a little
Style isn't a question of life or death: it's much more important than that.

Vanità - modern tailors

Bart

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Exotisch leer
Reactie #13 Gepost op: 21 oktober 2007 – 16:38:39
M.i. is het gebruik van krokodil of alligator dan net zo verwerpelijk als zeehond of andere exoten. Het verschil is wel dat Kroko of alligator vaak speciaal gekweekt worden voor dit type handel, terwijl dat bij zeehonden volgens mij niet het gevakl is.

Het meest belangrijke aspect is natuurlijk dat zeehondjes liev zijn  :wink:
Stemt rechts en haalt links in

Rogier

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Exotisch leer
Reactie #14 Gepost op: 21 oktober 2007 – 16:41:44
Citaat van: "Sergio"
Waarom is dit verwerpelijk en krokodil of paard niet?

Verwerpelijkheid heeft imo te maken met status van beschermde diersoort van sommige, zoals de zeeschildpad. Als je die dingen nu nog koopt cq draagt dan ben je fout bezig vind ik. Een schoentje gemaakt van rog vind ik minder schokkend. Daar zijn er voorzover ik weet genoeg van, en ze maken er toch ook horlogebandjes van!
This, madame, is Versailles.