Auteur Topic: Saint Crispin's  (278017 keer gelezen)

gusto napolitano

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Saint Crispin's
Gepost op: 12 november 2005 – 19:36:42
Support your local Mikey Fuoco chapter.

Dionysus

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Saint Crispin's
Reactie #1 Gepost op: 12 november 2005 – 21:30:52
Gusto zit in z'n minimalistische periode?
i]"I like hearing myself talk. It is one of my greatest pleasures. I often have long conversations all by myself and I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a word of what I'm saying."[/i]

Oscar Wilde

gusto napolitano

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Saint Crispin's
Reactie #2 Gepost op: 12 november 2005 – 21:41:10
Citaat van: "Dionysus"
Gusto zit in z'n minimalistische periode?
Het is weer eens wat anders :lol:
Support your local Mikey Fuoco chapter.

Huey

• Gast
Saint Crispin's
Reactie #3 Gepost op: 13 november 2005 – 00:52:10
Die Spectator vind ik wel gaaf :oops:

Immanuel

• Gast
Saint Crispin's
Reactie #4 Gepost op: 13 november 2005 – 10:29:32
doe mij de bicolore maar..

Huey

• Gast
Saint Crispin's
Reactie #5 Gepost op: 13 november 2005 – 10:47:46
Citaat van: "Immanuel"
doe mij de bicolore maar..

Zelfde als een spectator ;)

Immanuel

• Gast
Saint Crispin's
Reactie #6 Gepost op: 13 november 2005 – 11:06:42
wat hebben we toch een goede smaak he.. 8)

C&A

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Saint Crispins
Reactie #7 Gepost op: 01 maart 2006 – 10:22:27
http://www.saint-crispins.com/

Vrij geciteerd naar shopthefinest.com

The brand was founded in Austria with only one thing in mind, to make a shoe that is the absolute finest in the world in terms of fit, materials, construction, and workmanship. Literally, second to none. The owner in an interview was asked, "Whose shoes would you wear if you could not wear your own?" He kind of chuckled and said to the interviewer after taking a few moments to think about it, "That is a very good question I have never been asked that. If I had to wear someone else's shoes other than my own I guess it would have to be John Lobb Paris, before." I.E. they are not as good as they use to be. That is an incredibly high standard to live up to, and they do.

The factory only produces 50 pairs a week of ready to wear shoes. The other production is for bespoke shoes. That production totals only 30 pairs a week. The factory has a grand total of 10, yes 10, employees to make shoes.
Kastopruiming, dassen van Tie your Tie, Passaggio, Sozzi, Rubinacci, Classico Como

http://www.stijlforum.nl/SMF/index.php?topic=8878.new#new

Alex

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Saint Crispins
Reactie #8 Gepost op: 02 maart 2006 – 00:30:19
Why are made to measure shoes so expensive?

The following list of working phases should give you an impression of the time expenditure necessary for the first pair of shoes. The working time then decreases to about 7 hours for every further pair.

Measuring and customer care                                            0.5 hrs.

Building of last and pattern cutting                                       8 hrs.

Making of trial shoe                                                            2 hrs.

Fitting                                                                             0.5 hrs.

Preparation and upper leather cutting                                    1 hrs.

Closing of the upper                                                            3 hrs.

Making of shoe                                                                 22 hrs.

Polish and finishing                                                             1 hrs.

Making of hollowed shoe trees                                              8 hrs.

That makes about 46 hours altogether.

In comparison, building a proper violin takes about 120 hours, and a good tailored suit some 36 hours to make.

Alex

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Saint Crispins
Reactie #9 Gepost op: 02 maart 2006 – 00:31:00
Dealer Nederland:

Sir Max, Amsterdam

Camiceria

• Gebruiker
  • Respect Perry
    • Bekijk profiel
Saint Crispins
Reactie #10 Gepost op: 02 maart 2006 – 08:10:04
Dat vioolvoorbeeld haalt een beetje de kracht uit het verhaal :lol:
Cami schrijft een blogje op www.heerlijkbynvn.blogspot.com

Hobson: 'Ah yes, Arthur, bathing is a lonely business.' Arthur: 'Except for fish. Fish all bathe together.'

Huey

• Gast
Saint Crispins
Reactie #11 Gepost op: 25 april 2006 – 20:22:57
Iemand al ervaring met dit merk?

Hein

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
    • http://www.dezinvanluxe.nl
Saint Crispins
Reactie #12 Gepost op: 25 april 2006 – 20:27:54
Mooie schoenen, maar dat verhaal over die uren komt op mij niet echt bertrouwbaar over. 8 uur om een spanner te maken, lijkt me je reinste onzin, evenals 22 (!) uur om de schoen te maken. Dat het vrij lang duurt geloof ik graag, maar 22 uur is absurd volgens mij.
ww.dezinvanluxe.nl

Vodka

• Gebruiker
    • Bekijk profiel
Saint Crispins
Reactie #13 Gepost op: 25 april 2006 – 20:29:17
Citaat van: "Hein"
Mooie schoenen, maar dat verhaal over die uren komt op mij niet echt bertrouwbaar over. 8 uur om een spanner te maken, lijkt me je reinste onzin, evenals 22 (!) uur om de schoen te maken. Dat het vrij lang duurt geloof ik graag, maar 22 uur is absurd volgens mij.

De spanners zijn hol, geen idee hoelang dat duurt om te maken :D
Sailing, an expensive way to travel for free"

Huey

• Gast
Saint Crispins
Reactie #14 Gepost op: 25 april 2006 – 20:29:38
Citaat van: "Hein"

Citaat
The following list of working phases should give you an impression of the time expenditure necessary for the first pair of shoes. The working time then decreases to about 7 hours for every further pair.

En nog evn voor de duidelijkheid, dit geldt voor bespoke. Niet RTW.